OFX Import Bug

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 11 17:29:17 UTC 2017

On 2017.01.11 02:54, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> ​No, you reversed them. <DTEND>20170110000000 from the manually
> downloaded OFX file is being converted to 1969.12.31​.
>
> From the other bank <DTEND>20141212210000 from the manually
> downloaded OFX file ends up being the day before the oldest
> transaction in the txt file. This makes no sense and I have only seen
> this twice so there may be something else going on.
Brendan,

This has me confused.  When you say "converted to" do you mean that
when you manually import the downloaded file, the 201701100000 in the
file shows up as 1969.12.31 after import?  Or, when you do the direct
connect download/import of the same set of transactions, the date is
1969?   This is an important distinction, as the first thing for us is
to be sure KMM is using the date actually specified in the
downloaded/imported source.   Separately, if the downloaded date is not
correct, but KMM is importing what it sees, we can consider finding a
way for KMM to recognize that situation and then consider applying some
"correction."

Using Thomas' suggestion of using ofxlog.txt to capture what the bank
sends for a direct connect does seem to be the next step in tracking
this down.