OFX Import Bug

Brendan Coupe brendan at coupeware.com
Tue Jan 10 04:24:20 UTC 2017

I'm having a problem with 2 accounts when I import the OFX using online
banking.

One account shows the Online Statement Balance on 12/31/1969.

Another account shows the Online Statement Balance on 1/3/2017 while the
most recent transaction is on 1/4/2017 and I just downloaded it today
(1/9/2017).

Not surprisingly when I checked the OXF files for the respective accounts I
found the following (/home/thb comes to the rescue again):

...begindate="2016-10-11" enddate="1969-12-31"...

...begindate="2016-12-09" enddate="2017-01-03"...

I'm almost certain I will not have much luck getting the banks to fix this.

Is it possible to have KMM use the current download date when the date in
the OFX file does not make sense? KMM could also use the latest date of a
transaction in the OFX file when it's later then the "enddate".

At the very least it should recognize a problem since the enddate is before
the begindate at the first bank.

I did check a different bank at it uses today's date as the enddate.

*----Brendan*