[kmymoney] [Bug 381786] Make release 4.8.1
bugzilla_noreply at kde.org
Fri Dec 29 19:46:49 UTC 2017
--- Comment #21 from Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> ---
(In reply to Ralf Habacker from comment #20)
> Released 4.8.1 as 18.104.22.168 with a related news.
If someone asks why this has been released as 22.214.171.124:
1. updating tarballs for a given release is only possible if the new file has a
different name (e.g. an updated tar ball for kmymoney 4.8.1 need to be have
version 4.8.1-0 or 126.96.36.199, see https://phabricator.kde.org/T7093#111956)
2. On building the windows release with obs I first tried to use an updated
version of 4.8.1-1 as suggested by Ben Cooksley, which was not allowed as obs
package version - I was forced to use 188.8.131.52.
3. 184.108.40.206 is source code compatible to 4.8.1 (it is build from the 4.8.1 tag),
it contains only updated translations, therefore using a complete different
version like 4.8.2 looks not applicable.
4. On releasing 4.8.1 it was planned to update the tarballs as soon as
possible, but unfortunally it took about 3 months to get the "whatsnew" page
translated for about 55% of languages for kmymoney. For example estonian
translation will be probably available at the end of Januar or Februar 2018 (I
was really surprised that it takes so long and that the process has so many
5. Using 4.8.1 as version for the updated translation seems not to bee possible
3 month later, because version 4.8.2 is already targeted at Febr 2018
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the KMyMoney-devel