change in reports?

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Dec 8 05:29:34 UTC 2017

Am 07.12.2017 um 22:38 schrieb Jack:
>> The related setting is in ~/-kde4/share/config/kdeglobals
>>
>> [Locale]
>> NegativeMonetarySignPosition=x
>>
>> A value of 4 represents the parenthesis. Set it to 0 or remove the
>> attribute to restore the result.
Rechecked the values - The related enums are defined at
https://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdecore/html/classKLocale.html#a2871a581bfe0179b1068a3ebfb6cbc51.
If you do not want the parenthesis the required value is !
'ParensAround' . The values are are defined at
https://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdecore/html/klocale_8h_source.html#l00281

so my first impression is wrong - the attribute
'NegativeMonetarySignPosition' need to be != 0 in your case.

>Mine only has:
>[Locale]
>Country=us
>DateFormatShort=%Y-%m-%d
>Language=en_US

This indicates a language specific default value, because with german
language the default is to not use the parenthesis.

> but I won't be able to actually restart KDE for a while

this is not required - you simply need to restart kmymoney

Ralf