libalkimia version questions

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Aug 28 06:54:22 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Sonntag, 27. August 2017 12:43:07 CEST Jack wrote:

> On 2017.08.27 04:59, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > On Samstag, 26. August 2017 16:16:08 CEST Jack wrote:
> >> Am I correct that KMM 4.x requires libalimia < 6.0.0 and git master
> >> requires >= 6.0.0?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> >> Can these two versions of libalkimia coexist, or not?  I know one
> >> can be installed outside the main system area, and the version of
> >> KMM that need it can be pointed to it, but wanted to be sure that
> >> was necessary.  (In Gentoo terminology, can the two versions be in
> >> different slots?)
> >
> > Not sure, someone has to check and verify.
>
> I'm pretty sure not - at minimum they install the same named .pc file.
> However, it is less opf an issue than I thought.  It seems the only
> need to have both around is to have both 4.8 and git master versions of
> KMM installed, and since one of those needs to be isolated from the
> main system, libalkimia can be kept with it, just pointing KMM cmake to
> the proper location.

Good to know.

> >> Where is the "official" home of libalkimia?  All the Gentoo
> >> resources seem to point to
> >> "http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/libalkimia?content=137323"
> >> which has a most recent date of 2012.
> >
> > To my knowledge that would be on
> > https://download.kde.org/stable/alkimia/
> > 5.0.0/src/libalkimia-5.0.0.tar.xz which is dated Dec 2015.
>
> That's the download location.  I'm curious if there is any home page.
> Also, are there any other applications which use libalkimia?

To my knowledge, there is little material about Alkimia. Here are some links:

https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KdeFinance/Alkimia
https://community.kde.org/Alkimia

Other applications: Don't know of any (yet). Anyway, libalkimia was the
outcome of a KDE finance sprint held many moons ago with KMyMoney, Skrooge and
Kraft developers present.

> > For the newer KF5 based versions, we don't seem to have a tarball but
> > only the repo.
>
> That's OK, although there will hopefully be a formal release before we
> release KMM 5.0.

There sure will be (hard requirement as you know).

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
The person who says it cannot be done
should not interrupt the person doing it!