Easy download of zip file for 4.8 branch git head: was: Error Linking konlinetasks_sepa

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 10 20:47:19 UTC 2017

On 2017.07.29 12:20, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> On Samstag, 29. Juli 2017 11:36:32 CEST Gary Duzan wrote:
[snip...]
>>    I'll give that a try if I can, but pkgsrc building includes the
>> process of fetching the source, so I'd have to have a separate
>> version of the package to pull directly from git, and that can be a
>> bit unwieldy. Unless you can think of particular issues, I'd rather
>> get 4.8.0 working, then adapt the package when 4.8.1 comes out. If
>> there are minor workarounds necessary, pkgsrc can apply local
>> patches with no problem.
>
> Whatever 'fetching the source' means. I would consider checking out a
> tagged/ named version from a git repo als as 'fetching the source'.
> But I have no idea about pkgsrc, so this may all be invalid.

It turns out that the kde git repository has a read-only copy at
github, and github has single URL access to download a zip version of a
repository tag head.  https://github.com/KDE/kmymoney is the main
starting point for KMyMoney source and
https://github.com/KDE/kmymoney/tree/4.8 shows the git head of the 4.8
branch, with https://github.com/KDE/kmymoney/archive/4.8.zip giving you
a zip file of the tree at that point.  I believe there are also ways to
craft a URL to pull from a github repository at any specified commit,
but that's a bit more involved.