Compile Error - Fedora 26

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 8 16:51:16 UTC 2017

On 2017.08.07 19:31, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> I already tried the libalkimia trick and it did not work this time.
That would only work if it was an alkimia file which was missing, and
it was missing because your alkimia install was broken.

> I was running with -j 8. I tried -j 1 and it took a lot longer to
> fail. I added -d to -j 1 and it also failed. I've copied the last
> part of the output below (I switched GMail to plain text mode, I hope
> it works).
Mail formatting is good - thanks.

> ======================================
> Updating goal targets....
> Considering target file
> 'kmymoney/dialogs/settings/CMakeFiles/settings_autogen.dir/build'.
>  File
> 'kmymoney/dialogs/settings/CMakeFiles/settings_autogen.dir/build'
> does not exist.
[snip....]
>       Must remake target '//kmymoneysettings.h'.
I probably snipped too many lines, but the problem is it can't find
kmymoneysettings.h.  That file is not in the source, but gets created
in $build_dir/kmymoney.  So we need to figure out why it isn't being
made.

First - what sources are you using?  If you are pulling from git head
of the 4.8 branch, confirm that "git status" doesn't show anything
amiss.

Second - are you building in tree, or out of tree.  The latter is
recommended as safer.

If that's not enough, we may have to track down where in the build
process that file SHOULD be created, and why it's not happening.

Jack