KMM File Encryption

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 27 19:58:20 UTC 2016

On 2016.10.27 14:46, aga wrote:
> The following question gets asked on saving -
> "You have configured to save your data in encrypted form using GPG.
> Make
> sure you understand that you might lose all your data if you encrypt
> it,
> but cannot decrypt it later on. If unsure, answer No."
>
> To what am I answering "No"? It's not clear to me, especially as I
> haven't ever encrypted any files
>
> Allan
I suppose it could be considered to be poorly worded, but it is asking
if you really want to save the file encrypted.  In 4.8, I suppose it
should really say select "No encryption" in the dropdown for selecting
an encryption key.  It seems that the default "save as" is to select an
encryption key if it can find one.  I don't have the frameworks version
running now, so I can't check how it may have changed.