More libalkimia problems/questions was: problems compiling 4.8 on system with both qt4 and qt5

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Oct 24 16:26:51 UTC 2016

Am 24.10.2016 um 18:07 schrieb Jack:

> Unless I am missing something (which is quite possible) once you make
> this change, one version or the other is going to have to change the
> name of it's header, pkgconfig, and cmake files, and any user of that
> version will also have to adapt.  It's not just keeping the .so and
> version numbers different.
Sure, the required changes on client side for Qt5 cmake clients is to
change find_package(LibAlkimia) to find_package(LibAlkimia5 7.0) and
pkgconfig clients to change the referenced pkg configuration name to
libalkimia5.
> I agree the necessary changes are not difficult - it is just important
> that the change is made clear, so anyone who uses that version knows
> about the change.
yes, there should be a README.md in the alkimia git repo containing the
required changes.

Ralf