More libalkimia problems/questions was: problems compiling 4.8 on system with both qt4 and qt5

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Oct 24 15:20:39 UTC 2016

Am 24.10.2016 um 17:10 schrieb Jack:
> Not only must the package name not conflict, but they must not both
> install the same files.
yes
> I know all the .so files would be different, but right now, things
> like the pkgconfig, cmake, and header files are identically named.  If
> you change the qt5 version, it will be important to make sufficient
> announcement so any packager as well as any application which uses the
> library knows to update.  I do agree it is a good idea, but it is just
> a bit difficult since there has already been a release of a qt5
> version with the old name.
That means it would be better to introduce the Qt4 variant with a
different name as provided in the private repo or to leave it as it is
and to stay having either Qt4 or Qt5 based alkimia ?

https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Applications/16.12_Release_Schedule
mentions that on November 10, 2016 current master branch will be the
next stable branch, so any change need to be done until that time to
have dependencies present for stable Qt5 builds.

Ralf