Build problem with 4.8.0

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Oct 23 19:24:29 UTC 2016

On 2016.10.23 14:02, aga wrote:
> I'm trying to build 4.8.0 from git and am having problems.  I thought,
> perhaps wrongly, that 4.8.0 would be KDE4 rather than qt5, but found
> there were quite a few qt5 files involved.  Finally, I think I've got
> rid of those and have now got to make.  I'm getting an error here
> that I
> don't understand -
>
> [  0%] Building CXX object
> libkgpgfile/CMakeFiles/kgpgfile.dir/kgpgfile.cpp.o
> In file included from
> /home/aga/kmymoney-4.8.0/libkgpgfile/kgpgfile.cpp:20:0:
> /home/aga/kmymoney-4.8.0/libkgpgfile/kgpgfile.h:22:17: fatal error:
> QFile: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
> libkgpgfile/CMakeFiles/kgpgfile.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target
> 'libkgpgfile/CMakeFiles/kgpgfile.dir/kgpgfile.cpp.o' failed
> make[2]: *** [libkgpgfile/CMakeFiles/kgpgfile.dir/kgpgfile.cpp.o]
> Error 1
> CMakeFiles/Makefile2:150: recipe for target
> 'libkgpgfile/CMakeFiles/kgpgfile.dir/all' failed
>
> Now, I do seem to have that file in that directory, so what is the
> problem, please.
I can't help with that particular error, but on the qt5 stuff, I fought
that for a long time.  It turns out in my case, that at least one of
the dependencies had been compiled with qt5, and that dragged in other
qt5 stuff.  (That was libalkimia, which we've discussed in other
threads.)  What you can try, is in the build directory, do "grep -i qt5
CMakeCache.txt" and hope you don't find any.  I suppose a "grep -ir"
would be even more thorough, but the first always found it for me.