Compile Failure 4.8 Branch

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 14 21:10:54 UTC 2016

I'm still not sure what the underlying issue is, but I do see some
things that smell suspicious to me.  These comments are as I read
through the log.

gcc is 6.2.1.  I have no idea if anyone else is using this recent a gcc.
  I don't think it should be a problem, but there have certainly been
cases where a newer gcc handles something differently.

at the end of the cmake run, I don't see the usual output about the
various things it has found.  I don't know if you snipped it or if that
might indicate some issue with the cmake output being incomplete.

that ending seems very abrupt to me.  Try running make with a more
verbose setting.  It normally says more about what it is actually doing.
  No need to start from scratch, if you just run make in the existing
build directory, it will skip the things that were done ok.

One more question - It looks like your build directory is right in the
root of the source tree.  This is not recommended, although it often
does work.  Try using a build directory outside the source tree.

The error does seem to be within the automoc stuff, which is just magic
to me.  (It is also where I am currently having problems with both the
4.8 and master branch builds in various different environments.)

Jack