Compile Failure 4.8 Branch

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Oct 14 16:44:41 UTC 2016

Hi,

I don't see the forest for the trees, but that is probably due to the fact
that your build environment runs multiple compilers in parallel. Can you
somehow force it to use just one compile job at a time (that might even solve
the problem which would be interesting too).

Anyway, it fails to compile a bunch of files which I don't understand (the
first ones show up at around 15%)

Regards

Thomas

On Friday 14 October 2016 09:17:18 Brendan Coupe wrote:

> I've attached the full log.
>
> Thanks,
>

> *----Brendan*
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Jack <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net>
>
> wrote:
> > On 2016.10.14 08:55, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> >> ​I compared the output from the 2 systems. The line that happen right
> >> before it crashes​:
> >>
> >> [ 26%] Built target kmm_kdchart
> >>
> >> happens at 44% on the systems that completes the compile process.
> >>
> >> Not sure if that helps but it appears to be skipping something.
> >>

> >> *----Brendan*

> > I wouldn't trust the % very much.  It seems very different on two
> > different compiles for me which I would expect to be much more similar.
> > However, if you want help, you have to post the actual error.  What you
> > posted was just the final report from make that it didn't succeed.  The
> > real error is probably much higher in the output.  It may still not be
> > obvious why it failed, but it will at lest tell the actual command which
> > failed.
> >
> > Jack

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we
used when we created them. - Albert Einstein