Compile Failure 4.8 Branch

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 14 15:29:04 UTC 2016

On 2016.10.14 08:55, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> ​I compared the output from the 2 systems. The line that happen right
> before it crashes​:
>
> [ 26%] Built target kmm_kdchart
>
> happens at 44% on the systems that completes the compile process.
>
> Not sure if that helps but it appears to be skipping something.
>

> *----Brendan*
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 5:44 AM, Brendan Coupe <brendan at coupeware.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Doug, Thanks for your quick reply.
> >
> > All kdepimlibs are installed on both systems. Any other ideas?
> >

> > *----Brendan*
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 1:23 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info>
> wrote:
> >
> >> On 10/14/2016 01:28 AM, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> >>
> >> Both systems are running Fedora 24 64 bit. I assume I'm missing a
> >> dependency. Can anyone tell what is wrong?
> >>

> >> If I recall correctly, you'll need kdepimlibs development libraries
> >>
> >> Doug
I wouldn't trust the % very much.  It seems very different on two
different compiles for me which I would expect to be much more
similar.  However, if you want help, you have to post the actual
error.  What you posted was just the final report from make that it
didn't succeed.  The real error is probably much higher in the output.
It may still not be obvious why it failed, but it will at lest tell the
actual command which failed.