Success! was: still problems with libofx/clientuuid

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Oct 5 18:38:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Wednesday 05 October 2016 12:04:36 Jack wrote:

> > > Did you start with a completely empty build directory?  I vaguely
> > > recall that cmake caches some stuff, and I never found a way to tell
> > > it not to use the cache.  I suppose you could probably figure out
> >
> > the
> >
> > > specific file(s) to delete, but I just wiped it all out and started
> > > from scratch.
> >
> > I did not start from a clean folder and you're right about the cache.
> > It
> > is part of my problem. I tried deleting the cache file
> > (CmakeCache.txt)

I can confirm that deleting CMakeCache.txt in the build directory is enough to
re-run all cmake checks. I did this many times.

> > and then I get the "Performing Test", but the test still fails. I can
> > just edit the CmakeCache.txt file and set it to get a "yes", and that
> > sticks. If I get the urge I may mess with it some more, or do a clean
> > build (though I'm thinking the test would still fail).

Strange. Did you pull in my last changes from the 4.8 branch? It's needed to
actually transport the check results to the CC compiler definition.

> I don't understand why it should be necessary, but try with a
> completely clean build dir.  A recursive diff afterwards might show
> what else was causing the problem.

A copy of the resp. lines from the CLI would help here. Feel free to send them
on this list. After all it's the developer list ;)

'Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
by definition, not smart enough to debug it.' - Brian W. Kernighan