CSV importer oddness

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 16:08:18 UTC 2016

Hi Ɓukasz

I mentioned some while back that personal circumstances limit my time,
unfortunately.  However, I will see if I can have a look.

> 1) Account (not file)

Oops.

> selector doesn't show up if name of one of yours accounts
> matches text in yours statement header.

I'm not clear here.  The data I'm importing comes from my bank.  The
name of the account into which I wish to import comes out of my head.
How do you match them?  The file is being imported into a temporary
liability account which has no connection with the bank involved.  The
file does not know into which account I want to import it.

> You can turn it off

How?

> 2) CSV importer plugin terminates because that's what it should do after
successful import.

But the import wasn't successful so I wish to go back to see if I made a
mistake with parameters.

> Nobody expects it to stay there forever, so you can
> manually close it every time,

That used to be the way it worked, but now, it's gone.  It would have
closed when the user clicked Finish or Cancel.

> 3) UI should add "*" suffix, if not then your case is corner case and that's bug > to solve, go ahead and try,

Allan