[kmymoney/4.8] kmymoney/plugins/csvimport: Set start line > to one during CSV import

Łukasz Wojniłowicz lukasz.wojnilowicz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 08:20:29 UTC 2016

Dnia sobota, 18 czerwca 2016 20:05:14 kmymoney-devel-request at kde.org pisze:
> Message: 4
> Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 20:24:12 +0200
> From: Cristian Oneț <onet.cristian at gmail.com>
> To: Łukasz Maszczyński <lukasz at maszczynski.net>
> Cc: kmymoney-devel <kmymoney-devel at kde.org>
> Subject: Re: [kmymoney/4.8] kmymoney/plugins/csvimport: Set start line
>         to one during CSV import
>
> Is the start line always greater than zero? Isn't it 0 based like all
> sane programming structures which use indexes?

I think it could be, but right now is not and it causes errors during first
creation of CSV Importer profile.

> On a side note, when committing bugfixes to thr 4.8 branch make sure
> that the following conditions are met:
> 1. Use the FIXED-IN tag to describe the version in which the fix will
> be available 4.8.1 (the next release) [1], [2]
> 2. Follow that your commits get cherry-picked in master by someone if
> you don't do that yourself
> 3. Only commit essential stuff like bugfixes and try to avoid changing
> too much code because 4.8 is a dead end branch and merging to master
> could be painful because of the possible conflicts (the more lines are
> changed the higher the probability of a conflict)
>
> A general note about the CSV importer in master. A bunch of files
> making up the CSV importer are just copy pasted and the code is way
> too verbose and contains too much deprecated API. During the removal
> of kdelibs4 support a lot of code was simply disabled (search for
> "TODO: port to kf5"). I will not invest any of my time into porting
> that unmaintainable code so someone must need to step up and do this
> job otherwise the CSV importer will either be removed or rewritten
> before a 5.0 release.

I think it is not as bad as you write. Due to some minor changes, I get it to
run again with Qt5. I think it would be disgrace to simply remove work Allan
Anderson initially did. I agree that it's over complicated but you cannot do
it all at once. Let us focus on running it as before first.

Cheers
Łukasz