Upcoming changes

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Jun 14 09:40:54 UTC 2016

Dear KMyMoney community,

currently, Christian Dávid, Cristian Oneț and myself are visiting the
beautiful village of Randa in the Swiss Alps located close to the Matterhorn
meeting with other KDE enthusiasts as part of the Randa 2016 meeting.

Besides a bit of socializing we are working on two major things:

a) a final KDE4 based 4.8 release and
b) the migration towards KF5.

Since this will have a few impacts on the way the repository will be used in
the near future, we want to inform you upfront about the upcoming changes
during the next days.

Once 4.8 is released, we will branch off a new 4.8 branch for maintenance. The
next step will be to merge the frameworks branch onto the master branch. From
this point on, the development of the KF5 based version will happen on master
and maintenance (bug fixinig - no new features) will be done on the 4.8
branch. If anyone sees a problem with that, please speak up soon.

In case you want to and can support the Randa Meeting financially please
consider a donation of whatever amount towards the Randa fundraising campaign.
You find more information on

    https://www.kde.org/fundraisers/randameetings2016/

The amount you enter has to be in EUR (currently no other choice available)
but I have been informed that it can be converted later on in the process. We
hope to find some of you on the list of supporters (on the same web page
towards the bottom) soon.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,
than to speak, and remove all doubt.