Import credit cards with CSV importer

Łukasz Wojniłowicz lukasz.wojnilowicz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 16:39:29 UTC 2016

Dnia środa, 8 czerwca 2016 12:00:15 kmymoney-devel-request at kde.org pisze:
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 20:29:54 +0100
> From: aga <agander93 at gmail.com>
> To: kmymoney-devel at kde.org
> Subject: Re: Import credit cards with CSV importer
>
> On 07/06/16 17:26, Łukasz Wojniłowicz wrote:
> > I'm sure this is being caused by commit
> > bfa7b5ac37d2203e4a88d9ac73b1ec43ce5211b4. I think it might have uncovered
> > bug in CSV importer concerning credit cards imports. I'm happy you've
> > tested and reported it so quickly.
>
> At a quick look, that focuses on Tree view, whereas I use only List
> view.  What led you to your opinion?

This patch limits types of accounts displayed in account selector only to
accounts relevant to financial statement being imported. It meant to be about
content of account selector and not it's view.

> > I presume the problem exists because CSV Importer sets account type always
> > to checking when importing statements even if we are not sure if it's
> > financial statement for checking account or credit card and therefore
> > only checking accounts are being shown.
>
> When KMM is working correctly, the selector dialog indicates it is a
> checking account, but displays also credit card accounts.

And I assume you're not interested in choosing checking account here but
credit card account. Is that right?

> > Do you import your credit card through File->Import->CSV->Banking?
>
> No, I don't/can't use that.

So how did you usually import your credit card?