Handling Investment gain and loss

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Jun 6 14:28:10 UTC 2016

Hi

On Thursday 26 May 2016 11:41:38 Jack wrote:

> I'm only going to address one small piece of this now, as I think the
> overall issue is going to take a lengthy discussion.  I personally feel
> the entire investment part of KMM could use some attention and changes,

+1 (or even +10 or even a few more than 10)

> I know it won't happen for a while, so we have time to flesh out all
> the issues that will need to be addressed when that is done.

Can we start some sort of document where we keep all these requirements? It
would make things a lot easier when it comes to implementation. And if someone
can suggest a design how to address the requirement on a functional (use case)
level, then I would not mind either.

I suggest to read http://www.mscs.dal.ca/~selinger/accounting/tutorial.html
which contains a bit on the subject in chapter 5.  Please keep in mind:
KMyMoney does not work that way (yet).