KF5 version, OFX import (was: KF5 - GPG Encryption Problem)

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Jul 15 06:04:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

please keep in mind that two different things are in the game:

a) mapping the account
b) downloading transactions.

a) uses the said OfxHttpRequest which is currently commented out. So you
should not be able to do a fresh mapping. b) uses OfxHttpsRequest (the S makes
the difference and we all want that at this point in time to protect data
transmission) which relies on KIO.  So downloading transactions using an
already mapped account may actually work.

Trying to run the uses case a) on KF5 may actually tell you which version of
the plugin you are using ;)

Regards

Thomas

On Thursday 14 July 2016 11:07:20 Jack wrote:

> Well, what I THOUGHT I did was to compile and run KMM from git master,
> and then do an OFX direct connect (online) update, which after a few
> false starts getting the password right (apparently issues with the
> kwalletd migration?) downloaded and imported several transactions,
> which looked correct, as far as I could tell.
>
> If you think that should not have worked, then what should I look for
> to figure out what I actually did?
>
> On further thought, I know where to look first - to be sure it was
> actually using the newly compiled KF5 OFX plugin and not either the
> distro installed (4.8.0) or my compiled 4.8 version from git (which I
> assume would be identical.)  I'm pretty sure that's not the case, but
> I'm not sure how to confirm it.
>
> I know this is all worse because I'm running several versions on the
> same system.  If I get a chance, I'll also try it in a VM where I ONLY
> have the KF5 version.
>
> Jack
>
> On 2016.07.14 05:58, Cristian OneČ› wrote:
> > The OfxHttpRequest object currently does not do anything [1] so I'm
> > not sure what actually worked for you.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Cristian
> >
> > [1]
> > https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kmymoney.git&a=blob&h=f5a1e62343cebe3b45e1f424

7d3411608d2818f8&f=kmymoney%2Fplugins%2Fofximport%2Fofxpartner.cpp&o=plain>
> > > I just successfully ran an OFX direct connect import (from Bank of
> >
> > America
> >
> > > credit card) with the git master KF5 version.  Is there anything
> >
> > particular
> >
> > > I should be checking for?  (I'm am definitely not using the KF5
> >
> > version as
> >
> > > production - just for testing at this point, but I haven't found
> >
> > any show
> >
> > > stoppers yet.)
> > >
> > > Jack

> > and the

> > <brendan at coupeware.com>

> > failed: No

> > was not

> > set

> > was not

> > set

> > set

> > set

> > set

> > not

> > set

> > found."

> > set

> > <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net>

> > compiles

> > work even

> > the KMM

> > in the

> > from

> > As I

> > you might

Did you hear about the guy who got his whole left side cut off?
He's all right now.