state of new release

Stefan Vater st.vater at web.de
Tue Jan 12 10:13:21 UTC 2016

Christian Dávid wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2016, 15:03:33 schrieb Stefan Vater:
>> In November there were
>> some messages of creating a 4.8.0 release in order to get rid of the
>> akonadi dependency.
>
> The next release 4.8.0 will depend on akonadi. Only the KF5 based KMyMoney
> can be compiled without it. Unfortunately that release will need some
> time.
>
> Is the new kde-pim finished already?
>
> Greetings
> Christian
Thanks for the quick answer. I think it is finished at least in a way that
it is part of KDE Applications 15.12 (as is also the KDE4 based version of
PIM), and distributions ship it. The developers are not very clear about the
state of the applications. While they clearly stated in 15.08 that this was
a "technical preview", they just stated that there was much development in
15.12 on the pim stack.

In that way people probably start to migrate, which also sadly means
uninstalling kmymoney, ATM.

Regards, Stefan