[Kmymoney-devel] Saving Database back to a file

Joe W. Byers ecjbosu at aol.com
Mon Jan 11 11:52:46 UTC 2016

On 01/10/2016 04:04 AM, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Joe,
>
> On Saturday 09 January 2016 16:26:20 Joe W. Byers wrote:
>
>> Has anyone every tried to save a database Kmymoney back to a file using
>> the file save as?
>>
>> It has been running for almost 48 hours.  I can see kmymoney is running
>> in the system monitor, and activity watching client connections on my
>> database.
> This seems a bit long. I just tried to run it here to store an SQLITE database
> back to XML. This took a few seconds (all on local machine).
>
> An important figure is the number of items you have in your database. That
> might make a difference. Can you post a screenshot of the 'File/File
> information' dialog here? There should be no personal data in this dialog, but
> please check yourself before posting.

I would like to update the status.  Sometime last night (EST) the write
to file process from my database entered the stage where the popup
window of all update issues (Payess, etc) was display. The last line of
this was there were still issues for the user to fix.  Now I have a
Kmymoney window with "Running Consistency Check" display on the status bar.

The program is still running and file it is saving to has zero, 0, bytes
in it currently at 6:30 EST.  Wow,  It just completed at 6:40 EST.

I quick check the save dropping in some accounts 2 years worth of
transactions.  One thing to not is there were some "unassigned
transactions" from qif imports.

Thanks

--
*Joe W. Byers*