importing data

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 18:59:35 UTC 2016

On 20/02/16 15:49, john jefferis wrote:
> I have just moved over to Linux Mint from Windows 10 and would like to
> use kmymoney.  I am currently using Bank Genie, which does not run on
> Linux and I have several years of data I need to move.  Bank Genie does
> not have an export facility bt they suggested that if I did a backup to
> a memory stick I could use that.
>
> The backup files are all .CDX, .DBF and .FBT.  Is there any way at all
> of picking these up into kmymoney?
>
> Thanks
> John Jefferis

Bad move, choosing an app which locks you in.

Leaving aside those backup formats. does Bank Genie have any output
capability?   If so, in what format?

It might be worthwhile looking at a linux program called wine, which can
be useful for running Windows programs on Linux, assuming Bank Genie
is a Windows app.

Generally, one installs wine, then use it to install Bank Genie, which
you then run as normal.

Finally, it might be worthwhile trying to open your backup files in a
text editor to see if anything useful shows.