report question

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 20 01:54:22 UTC 2016

I'm starting to do some tax planning work, and I just discovered that
in exported reports, even the amount columns are ouput in quotes.  This
makes is difficult to do calculations on them.  (I use various
spreadsheet functions to take different cuts of various accounts and
categories.)  I looked in my spreadsheet from last year, and apparently
I found some way to convert, but I don't remember whether I simply did
it manually (unlikely) or managed to play with the import process.  Is
there any easy way to avoid the quotes around values that really should
be numbers, and so not forced to text?  (this is in the export files
for reports)