General Error (Code 2000)

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Aug 27 05:17:25 UTC 2016

Hi Gary,

thanks for the reminder. No, in fact it's the other way around: I am back to
work and have a few deadlines to meet until October.

It looks like the sign-on part worked:

<SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
  <SONRS>
    <STATUS><CODE>0
      <SEVERITY>INFO
      <MESSAGE>The operation succeeded.
    </STATUS>
    <DTSERVER>20160730092336.977[-7:PDT]
    <LANGUAGE>ENG
    <FI><ORG>First Tech Federal Credit Union
      <FID>3169
    </FI>
  </SONRS>
</SIGNONMSGSRSV1>

whereas the credit card msg request some how failed:

<CREDITCARDMSGSRSV1>
  <CCSTMTTRNRS>
    <TRNUID>20160730092336.000
    <STATUS>
      <CODE>2000
      <SEVERITY>ERROR<MESSAGE>[ofx.validationException] null
    </STATUS>
    <CLTCOOKIE>1
  </CCSTMTTRNRS>
</CREDITCARDMSGSRSV1>

The OFX spec 2.1.1 says:

   2000   General error (ERROR)

   Error other than those specified by the remaining error codes.
   Note: Servers should provide a more specific error whenever possible. Error
   code 2000 should be reserved for cases in which a more specific code is not
   available.

Well, all that is there, just that we cannot interpret what the problem was
w/o the bank. From the error message, I get the impression that the OFX
request was not valid, but to me it looks valid (though I am not an expert on
this).

In case this worked before, you should find out from your bank if they dropped
support for an older version of an application or get some information which
version of which application is supported by them or what they might have
changed wrt credit card handling via OFX. Having this information, we may be
able to try a few more things.

Regards

Thomas

On Friday 26 August 2016 17:53:00 you  wrote:
> Hi Thomas.
>
> I haven't heard back on this.  Should I assume you've been on vacation?  :-)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Gary

If you have a choice of two things and can't decide, take both.
 -- Gregory Corso