[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney 4.7.2

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Sep 7 10:11:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Monday 07 September 2015 07:10:06 synthpool at gmail.com wrote:

> very useful program !
>
> I miss a little bit the possibility to lock the program with a password !

Since we are no security experts, we do not provide weak password protection
for your valuable data. For this purpose, you can use GPG and really encrypt
your data on the fly which is much better than a simple password lock. See
https://docs.kde.org/stable4/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.settings.encryption.html for details. I am not sure if
that works on MS-Windows but I use it since many years on my Linux
environments.

Or am I missing something and you are talking about something completely
different?

On Windoze it helps to reboot, on UNIX it helps to be root!