[Kmymoney-devel] find transaction using T number

jeffjl.kde at outlook.com jeffjl.kde at outlook.com
Mon Nov 9 15:49:55 UTC 2015

> On 09/11/15 06:54, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Monday 09 November 2015 00:28:08 jeffjl.kde at outlook.com wrote:
> >
> >> I'm looking for a way to find the consistency check problem transactions
> >> using the T0000000... number reported.
> >>
> >> When I googled this, I found something that said use the Edit/Find
> >> transaction dialog.  I can't see how that does it.  And in looking through
> >> the MyMoneyTransactionFilter::match() function there is nothing that looks
> >> at the transaction.id().
> >>
> >> I am using KMM 4.7.2.
> >
> > AFAIR, the search feature is only available in the git master version which
> > might not be available as binary package for your environment. The Find
> > transaction dialog is not the right place to drop the transaction ID: use the
> > search bar above the ledger instead.
> >

> Hi Thomas
>
> I tried this yesterday, without success.
>
> Allan

Using the ledger, wouldn't you have to know the correct account?
Or try the search in each account ledger until you find it?

> > If that does not work, your version is a bit too old, but you could use a text
> > editor and take a look at the .kmy file. After all, it's just a gzipped XML
> > file. There you can search for the ID to get some more information about the
> > transaction.

Here's what I did, for a short term hack.  I modified MyMoneyTransactionFilter::match() to look at the "number from" and "number to" fields and if they start with 'T' and are 19 characters long, compare them to the transaction.id() instead of the split.number(). I was then able to find my consistency check problems using Edit/Find transaction. I did this based on KMM 4.7.2 sources because I could not get the git master version to build on Windows last time I tried it (about a couple months ago). Jeff