[Kmymoney-devel] new compile warning

Jack ostroffjh at frontier.com
Tue May 19 16:47:15 UTC 2015

Although this is clearly not really a KMM problem, I'm posting in case
anyone else sees this and wonders what's going on.  As I mentioned in a
bug comment, I'm recompiling from source, and am now getting lots of
this warning:

/usr/include/features.h:148:3: warning: #warning "_BSD_SOURCE and
_SVID_SOURCE are deprecated, use _DEFAULT_SOURCE" [-Wcpp]
  # warning "_BSD_SOURCE and _SVID_SOURCE are deprecated, use
_DEFAULT_SOURCE"
    ^
features.h has the following comment just above the lines that emit the
warning:
/* _BSD_SOURCE and _SVID_SOURCE are deprecated aliases for
_DEFAULT_SOURCE.  If _DEFAULT_SOURCE is present we do not issue a
warning; the expectation is that the source is being transitioned to
use the new macro.  */

According to my logs, I upgraded to glibc 2.20 in March, so that is why
I didn't see the issue until now - the first major compile I've done
since then.

The only place I see either of these variable in the code is
_BSD_SOURCE on line 122 of CMakeLists.txt.  I'll be glad to change that
to _DEFAULT_SOURCE, but I have no idea if there are any implications of
doing so, especially with glibc versions prior to 2.20.