[Kmymoney-devel] Feature request kmymoney

Cristian OneČ› onet.cristian at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 10:43:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

KMyMoney uses GPG encryption to implement password protection [2]. In
order to use this feature on Windows (I presume) you need to install
gpg4win [1] in order to generate yourself a GPG key (if you don't have
one already). It might be worth to add also the KMyMoney recovery key
and use it also to encrypt the data to have a recovery mechanism in
case you loose your keys (don't forget to backup).

Once you have GPG configured you need to enable encryption in
KMyMoney's settings [3].

Regards,
Cristian

[1] http://www.gpg4win.org/