[Kmymoney-devel] Problems importing CSV files

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 12:27:59 UTC 2015

On 19/03/15 12:14, Rafael Videira wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response. However, because I wasn't more specific
> in my question, your answer did not help me. I'm sorry about that. My
> problem is that when I go to "File > Import", the only options are QIF
> and GnuCash.
>
> Thanks,
> Rafael

That's OK, but it's best if you reply to the list, as then others are
kept informed, and also may be able to assist.  I don't know if you have
subscribed to the list, so am copying to you in case.

Right, the absence of the CSV plugin does sometimes happen after a new
install.  Yo need to run 'kbuildsycoca4', in that case, to ensure the
system is aware of it.  However, what I tend to do is just to exit
KMyMoney and reload it, and that always seems to work, at least for me.

Try that and see if that helps.  If you launch from the console, you
should see a message -

KMyMoney csvimport plugin loaded
onlineTask available "org.kmymoney.creditTransfer.sepa"
KMyMoney printcheck plugin loaded
KMyMoney csvexport plugin loaded
KMyMoney iCalendar plugin loaded