[Kmymoney-devel] Backporting to 4.7 (again)

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 22:52:27 UTC 2015

One day, I promise, I'll get this right, I hope.

This morning, I did two commits to HEAD for BUG 343757.  There were some
conflicts to deal with, and in dealing with these, I omitted the --amend
on one of the commits.  Hence the two commits.

Next, I wanted to backport t0 4.7.

I did the
git checkout 4.7
git fetch origin && git reset --hard origin/4.7,
but when I tried to 'git checkout to my working directory' I got a
message saying that
'The previous cherry-pick is now empty, possibly due to conflict
resolution.', which was probably reasonable in that I had done commits
and conflict resolution.

So, instead, I repeated the git checkout 4.7 and did the cherry-picks
from there.

Anyway, now git status appears OK, but git log shows
commit e246a7c2be55dbaa29cc0296ec30f440f7ec7bd2