[Kmymoney-devel] Cherry-pick to 4.7

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 21:12:59 UTC 2015

On 17/01/15 15:56, Christian Dávid wrote:
> Am Samstag, 17. Januar 2015, 13:11:45 schrieb aga:
>> I have done a cherry-pick previously, but am not confident of the
>> procedure, and I don't want to goof.
>>
>> Please could some kind sole spell out the steps for me please.
> I know only the technical side:
>
> git checkout 4.7
> git cherry-pick -x commit
>
> then recompile and check if what you changed worked out. But I do not think we
> are doing more than that. To make the distros happy you should not add any
> features, just very safe bugfixes.
That's what I finished up doing.  I had a note from a while back, which
was misleading, but I got to the bottom of that.

However, I have a problem.  This commit is just a single line delete,
but I think there is a big difference between HEAD and 4.7, so far as
the CSV importer is concerned.  My one line patch becomes much larger,
because HEAD includes 50f7b6c4, and that is not in 4.7.

Doing the initial pull from 4.7 results in masses of deletes/adds, I
think just to move from HEAD to 4.7.  Is that what I need to do first?