[Kmymoney-devel] libOFX question (relates to recent OFX failures with Chase credit card downloads)

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 10 15:49:27 UTC 2015

I only see an error in that, not a request for anything.  My best
current understanding is that Chase does not explicitly request
<CLIENTUIDREQ> but expects it to be included in the client's request.
Also, a minor note, but you need to use version 103 instead of 102.
Apparently CLIENTUID is not included in 102, and allowed (but not
required) in 103.

It appears to me (unless there is part of the OFX handshake not put
into the log file) that Chase is not explicitly requesting the
CLIENTUID, but if it is not present, then it simply fails to generate
the message to the secure message center, but doesn't actually realize
anything has gone wrong.

Thomas - am I correct that KMM 4.x can only use aqbanking < 5.0?  If
so, I can't test it, since 5.0.25 is the lowest version still available
in Gentoo.  (I suppose I could compile from source, but prefer not to
for now.)  I do have 5.0.25 installed, but I can't figure out how to
configure it, and it also doesn't look like the cli will allow me to
test this particular issue.  I suppose I might have to install one of
the other finance tools (skrooge or gnucash?) to see if they will use
the new aqbanking, including the CLIENTUID.

Jack

On 2015.12.10 09:43, Michael Wolfe wrote:
> I just saw a request for the OFX data that Chase sends; here is a
> copy of the response I got from Chase after trying (and failing) to
> download OFX data:
>
> response:
> OFXHEADER:100
> DATA:OFXSGML
> VERSION:102
> SECURITY:NONE
> ENCODING:USASCII
> CHARSET:1252
> COMPRESSION:NONE
> OLDFILEUID:NONE
> NEWFILEUID:20151210083844.000
>
> <OFX><SIGNONMSGSRSV1><SONRS><STATUS><CODE>15510<SEVERITY>ERROR<MESSAGE>Please
> verify your identity within the next 7 days. Using your desktop
> computer, go to your bankӳ website and visit the Secure Message
> Center for
> instructions.</STATUS><DTSERVER>20151210093848.702[-5:EST]<LANGUAGE>ENG<FI><ORG>B1<FID>10898</FI></SONRS></SIGNONMSGSRSV1><CREDITCARDMSGSRSV1><CCSTMTTRNRS><TRNUID>20151210083844.000<STATUS><CODE>15500<SEVERITY>ERROR</STATUS><CLTCOOKIE>1</CCSTMTTRNRS></CREDITCARDMSGSRSV1></OFX>
> Completed
>
> Grabbed from the 'ofxlog.txt' file.
>
> -Mike
>

> On 12/10/2015 8:20 AM, Michael Wolfe wrote:
>> As a side note, I am also having this problem; I wasn't aware that
>> there was something Chase was expecting KMyMoney to send back.
>>
>> If anyone needs testing for a fix with Chase Bank, I'm available to
>> do so if there's a testing version available for Windows (or
>> alternatively some handholding with a code patch so I can build it
>> myself!).
>>
>> -Mike Wolfe
>> wolfemi1 at gmail.com
>>
>> On 12/10/2015 4:53 AM, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Thanks for the information. That helped a lot to identify what's
>>> going on.

>>> I took a look into the OFX spec (version 2.1.1) and found chapter
>>> 2.5.1.1.1
>>> "Client Unique ID <CLIENTUID>". In short, this is a uid generated
>>> by the
>>> client (KMyMoney). Here's the paragraph of the spec (© 2006 Intuit
>>> Inc.,
>>> Microsoft Corp., CheckFree Corp. All rights reserved):
>>>
>>> ---8<---
>>> OFX servers can require OFX clients to include a client ID in each
>>> signon
>>> request. This client ID should be unique to the installation of the

------quoted attachment------