[Kmymoney-devel] libOFX question (relates to recent OFX failures with Chase credit card downloads)

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 10 00:38:08 UTC 2015

Some of you may have seen some other posts I've made about this, but I
think I've tracked down the problem.

Background: last month Chase credit cards made a "security enhancement"
change that has made all OFX downloads since 11/17 fail.  The error
message says to got to the Chase secure message center for info on how
to verify your identity, but no such message ever appears.  The section
at
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect_in_GnuCash_2#Chase_.22username_or_password_are_incorrect.22
indicates the need for using a UID (user id) within the OFX request.
It looks like they associate that user UID with the account, probably
to limit access.  However, the first time they see a UID on an OFX
request, they should generate a PIN and send it to your account at
their Secure Message Center.  You then use that PIN on another page the
message links to.  I suppose since KMM isn't sending the UID, they
don't generate that message.

So - I don't see any place in KMM for a user UID.  In fact, looking
into the libOFX source, I see the UUID type defined, but no element
defined as that type which looks like a user id.  Can someone confirm
this is correct, and if so, does this need to be brought up on the
libOFX list before there is anything that KMM can do?  (Other forum
messages I've seen seem to indicate that aqbanking can handle this, so
I'll see if I can get this set up, but I hate to spin my wheels if
someone can provide a more definitive answer.

Thanks.