[Kmymoney-devel] Annual budget report - cannot generate one

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 21:03:04 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am trying to create a report to show the upcoming budget (for year 2016)
but I cannot find the right report to start from, and even selecting a
Yearly Budget report doesnt work,

First of all, I change the budget year to 2016, then select the date range
(because KMM absolutely needs it and I dont know why since it is not a
budgeted VS actual report), and all I get are zeros.

I tried every single report combination I could think of, and none has
provided what I want with the exception of the yearly budgeted VS actual if
I choose the budget for 2016 and enter dates from Jan 01 2016 to Dec 31
2016, but then I get zeros and negative amounts because there is NO actual
data since it is in the future.

How to generate a simple report that will only show that you can see in the
budget tab?  Nothing else...

Second point is regarding report generation.  If you pick a base report
(one that comes with KMM and cannot be delete), and modify it, then look at
the output, then modify again, and so on so forth, you will end up with
many many copies of the report (for example "Yearly Budget (Customized)")
that you will have to delete one at the time..  This is annoying and
useless.  Would it be posible, as a feature request, to either disable
this behavior (open the base report and modify it, then it works on ONLY
one copy of this report) or add a setting switch somewhere to disable this?

Thanks!!
  Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sent from Horde Groupware - GNU/Linux