[Kmymoney-devel] [kmymoney4] [Bug 350905] New: Currency of categories cannot be changed
francois at fmarier.org
Mon Aug 3 05:26:47 UTC 2015
Bug ID: 350905
Summary: Currency of categories cannot be changed
Platform: Debian unstable
Assignee: kmymoney-devel at kde.org
Reporter: francois at fmarier.org
When a category is created, it gets assigned a currency (by default, the base
currency). Changing the base currency doesn't impact old categories, it only
impacts new ones. It's also not possible to change the currency of existing
This is a problem for people who initially setup their personal finance while
in Europe and then later move to the US. It seems like this is a use case that
should be supported and not force someone to start a new .kmy file from
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new file with EUR as the base currency.
2. Create a new "EUR Account" checking account with EUR as the currency and an
initial balance of 10 EUR.
3. Create a new "USD Account" checking account with USD as the currency and an
initial balance of 10 USD (exchange rate of 2 USD to 1 EUR).
4. Add a transaction in that account for 10 USD on 2015-08-02 with "Meal" as
5. Change the base currency to USD.
6. Add a transaction in the "USD Account" for 5 USD with "Meal" as the
7. Notice that you are ask to confirm the exchange rate even though the base
category is now USD.
8. Add a transaction in that account for 5 USD on 2015-08-02 with "Drink" as
9. You are not asked for the exchange rate because that new category has been
created with a currency of USD.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the KMyMoney-devel