[Kmymoney-devel] String pixel widths differ

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 19:17:25 UTC 2014

On 22/09/14 19:04, Jack wrote:
> On 2014.09.22 13:08, Allan wrote:
> [snip....]
>> I don't think it really matters what font the system is using, as long
>> as that font is available.  I'm using DejaVu Sans at the moment, but I
>> understand that if that is not available, the system will substitute a
>> similar one.
>
> I'm not sure you understand my question.  If the system is displaying a
> font other than the one you specify but doing the size calculation based
> on the font you specified, then the calculation may not match the
> display.  I'm just trying to be sure the size calculations are being
> done with whatever font is actually being displayed.
>
> Jack

As I specify the same font for both, wouldn't that avoid the situation
you foresee?

So far, all looks well on both systems now.  The column widths are
identical, and the only difference is in the overall width of the
tableWidget.  That, I believe, comes from the margins, which do differ,
but I have already taken that into account.  The aspect ratios of the
two screens are different, too.

Now to finish off on the investment side.  Er, almost...