[Kmymoney-devel] String pixel widths differ

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 13:39:25 UTC 2014

On 22/09/14 14:13, Jack wrote:
> On 2014.09.22 06:13, Allan wrote:
>> When testing the CSV plugin on Linux Mint and Ubuntu, I'm having
>> difficulty because the string pixel widths differ, I assume because
>> the fonts differ.
>>
>> I'm trying now to access KMyMoneyGlobalSettings::listCellFont(), but
>> I'm getting undefined reference when linking, and I haven't found the
>> correct way to adjust CMakeLists.txt.
>>
>> How do I do this please?  Thanks
>>
>> Allan
>
> Is it possible you are ending up with some conflict, in that some sizes
> are being calculated based on the font you request and others are being
> calculated on the font the system is actually using?   Do things seem to
> be better or worse if you don't specify any font details at all?
>
> Jack

I'm calculating the width of a string and then applying that as a column
width, rather than relying on resizeColumntoContents(), as that works on
the full complement of rows, whereas I need just the displayed rows.

Now that I specify the same font for the calculation and for the UI,
then I think I'm pretty well there now.

Thanks