[Kmymoney-devel] String pixel widths differ

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 11:19:29 UTC 2014

On 22/09/14 11:46, Cristian Oneț wrote:
>> On 22/09/14 11:24, Cristian Oneț wrote:
>>>
>>> You can't. It's part of KMyMoney internals and should not be used by a
>>> plugin. On the other hand why do you even hardcode fonts in the
>>> layout? I think that it's as bad as hardcoding sizes.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Cristian
>>

>> I was hoping to get the font from the config so didn't see where that was
>> hardcoding.
>
> I was trying to figure out what kind of difficulties could a different
> sized font cause so I took a look in the CVS importer layout files.
> This [1] is just an example there are other places like this.
> "font-family:'Sans Serif' font-size:9pt"? Maybe I'm wrong and that is
> some kind of default value but it seems pretty hard coded.

You would think so, wouldn't you.  However, Ububtu changes that to use
its own font, presumably in its style.

> What I was trying to say is don't mess with the system fonts (KMyMoney
> shouldn't do that either - just haven't had time to remove it),
> because it's what the user expects to be used. If you care just choose
> a different system fond and launch the CVS plugin to see the
> difference but I guess that is what you meant the first time.
>
> Regards,
> Cristian

Yes, I get that.  What I've done is to hardcode my own font in the code.
Hopefully, Ubuntu won't find that.  As it's just in a plugin, rather
than a fully-fledged app, the user may not object - unless Chinese.
Sadly, though, there is still a difference in the visual widths, but I
need to check more closely.

Allan