[Kmymoney-devel] Question on new investment account

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 18 16:04:43 UTC 2014

For some of the testing I've done recently, I created a new Investment
account, and noticed that it is possible to specify an opening
balance.  This is the Investment account, not the Brokerage account.
Since the only content of an Investment account should be Securities,
this seems wrong to me.  Is there a reason for this that I don't
understand, or is it just an unintended consequence of the reusing code
for multiple types of accounts?  It's clearly not very important, but
it got me curious.