[Kmymoney-devel] two accounts?

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Tue Sep 2 15:07:56 UTC 2014

On Monday, September 01, 2014 02:56:20 PM sanderson016 at comcast.net
wrote:
> I am a new user of Ky money for about a month. No problem until today.
> It seems that on the first day of using KMM, I opened two accounts.
> One was only for one entry and I forgot about it. For the past 30
> days I have been using the other account and entering data, balancing
> data, everything worked just fine.
>
> Then I got the idea that I would "explore" KMM and somehow I lost my
> second account, which is really the only accounts that matters.
> SOMEHOW, I OVERLAID THE SECOND ACCOUNT WITH THE ONE ENTRY ACCOUNT.
>
> I could not get my second account back so I had to start all over. I
> got a statement from my bank and started from scratch.
>
> However, SOMETIMES, when I log out of kmm, I get a message telling me
> that I have another kmm that is running. If it is running, I can not
> find it. My son has his own computer business but he is not available
> today, Labor Day. He is not answering my calls.
>
> Can you tell me where I can find this other account? I would like to
> use it and destroy the account that I created today because this
> newly created account has data missing and I can not find out what is
> missing until it shows up in my bank account.
>
> Shirley Anderson 713-393-7137
Also are you using the backup feature of KMyMoney.? If you are and save
backups for some time you can click on the backup file and it should
restore the ledger etc from the date you backed up. Then just save it to
the .kmy file. I do it on Linux and have never lost more than the most
recent data, which I reentered from a statement on my check book.

I save a backup each time I enter stuff into the ledger. See:

File --> Backup

I also save it to an external disk in case my disc fails.

I do not know what OS your using, but the process should be available on
all versions.

Russ
--
openSUSE 13.1(Linux 3.11.10-21-desktop x86_64|
Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz|8GB DDR3|