[Kmymoney-devel] category matching/mapping during OFX import

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 23 23:27:44 UTC 2014

I'm continuing to work through my huge backload of investment account
OFX imports.  One of the annoyances is that Merrill Lynch uses
categories such as _Dividend and _Fee, which is how they get imported
(I think those categories probably got created during such an import,
but I no longer remember when or how it actually happened.  Is there
any way to get them to map to the categories I prefer to use for those
accounts?  Unfortunately it's not completely static.  For example, _Fee
should always be "Other Fees/Misc Broker Fees" but _Dividend depends on
which account, whether it's Dividends or Tax Deferred Dividends.  Since
this is OFX Direct Connect, I don't have the opportunity to edit the
OFX file on the fly.  Am I just stuck with manually adjusting as I
confirm the import?

Thanks for any suggestions.