[Kmymoney-devel] Reconciliation

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 12:05:31 UTC 2014

This is probably me, but I've reconciled hundreds of times previously.
This is the first reconcile for some months, as I'm trying to catch up.

To check, I've created a new credit card account, and have entered two
transactions, one for 20.00 and one for 35.40, both cleared.  I then
enter a payment for the following day, of 55.40.  The ledger now shows
the three transactions, with ending balance 0.00, and cleared 55.40.  So
that looks correct, to me.

I now try to reconcile.  The wizard shows the ending balance 0.00, so I
click Continue.  Now, the ledger shows in the divider two payments
(55.40), but no deposit (0.00), for today, the day following the last
entry, which was the deposit.

The summary shows Statement 0.00, Cleared 55.40, and Difference 55.40
(in black).

In my real account, over the three months to 9 Aug, there are numerous
entries, with all the charges shown as cleared, and three payments.

When I start the reconcile, I enter the statement date as 9 Aug and the
ending balance agrees with the balance shown on the last cleared entry.
  The oldest cleared and last reconciled dates appear correct, so I
continue.  The balance at the last cleared entry is 465.31, the
Statement is the same, but the Difference (in red) is -930.62, which is
twice the Cleared amount, not the expected 0.00.

Is it me, or what?  My revision is Version 4.6.90-9e8bc5e02a. I have
locally committed changes, but affecting only the CSV importer plugin.

Oh, I've just tried 4.6.6 and that works the way I expected, giving a
difference of 0.00.