[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney Widgets

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri May 30 12:13:37 UTC 2014

Christian,

On Friday 30 May 2014 12:13:00 Christian Dávid wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to add an widget to KMyMoney. But unfortunately I got into big
> trouble with the linker and cannot figure out why (but I am at a point where
> I think some kind of dark magic is involved!).
>
> What is the difference between the targets widgets and kmymoney_base? It
> looks quite useless to me, so I feel I missed something here.
>
> Is there anything have to know about the building process of the widgets?

I have not touched this is so long, but remember that it was tricky (to avoid
the term black magic).

Regarding the targets, I sort of remember that one was used to build the
specific widgets and the other one was used to build the constructed widgets
which uses the former.

Laziness led to the invention of the most useful tools.