[Kmymoney-devel] KMMDroid alive and kicking

Eric Bonney eric at ericbonney.com
Thu May 15 15:30:56 UTC 2014

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the appreciation. I really don't have any intention of fully
separating from the desktop. It isn't what my end goal has ever been.
Actually once I get it stable and working better I would like to find was
to better integrate with it. Currently you must use the sqlite database and
you must upload and download the entire file each time.

I would love to do some kind of record level sync but that is my "pie in
the sky" kind of feature. I also need and want to put some encryption into
place but it has to work both on the phone AND the desktop. I have a
library in mind for the phone, just need to look at how to work it.

Right now focus is on finishing the upgrade to the latest API and fixing
the various bugs it created. Then I need to add layouts for larger screens
like tablets and I have a few home screen widgets I want to add.

Then I can look for testers and start adding more features but in the end
my goal is always for this app to be a companion to the desktop not a
replacement.

As for how I did the actual separating well that was just plain LOTS of
work and poking around. I started with the sqlite database and spent
countless hours looking at the schema and how things got done. I had a lot
of help from the friendly folks here as well! It has been a VERY long
process, 4+ years and still moving and not really ready for general
consumption just yet.

Eric