[Kmymoney-devel] Debugging plugins

Chris DeveloperChris at rebel.com.au
Sat Mar 29 01:21:31 UTC 2014

Hi Guys

I am trying to debug the csv import plugin layout problem. It appears the
default font may be a large part of the problem but not all of it.

What I can't work out is to how to actually debug the plugin inside of
msvc2010. KMyMoney does not load the plugin at all when run from the build
directory and when installed it loads the plugin from the libs directory but
because there is no symbol file msvc cant step into it.

It seems mildly insane to have to install and copy the symbols into the libs
folder everytime I make a code change!!!

I have tried telling QT to use the build folder but it seems to ignore it

I have added the path to the bin folder to QT_PLUGIN_PATH I have also tried
adding the application path by calling
QCoreApplication::addLibraryPath(QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath());
inside the KApplication Constructor

Both methods succesfully prepend the build folder to the plugin path but it
makes no difference. The plugins (none of them) are loaded.

All the plugins are in the same folder as the application. The app runs, it
just has no loaded plugins.

I also added the application path to the PATH env. No luck whatsoever.

Without copying the plugins to the lib folder each time how can I debug it?

Chris