[Kmymoney-devel] Import QIF and match OFX - was A bug in the current stable release

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 10:56:27 UTC 2014

On 28/03/14 05:25, Yanick HENAFF wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use "My expenses" on Android to grab my tickets for KMyMoney because is
> not exported under this system.
>
> Then I import a QIF from Android to KMyMoney.
>
> The problem is that when I import the OFX from my bank, it does not want to
> "match" because it is 2 imported transactions!
>
> Do you have a solution?
>
> thank you
>
> Yannick

This is not a bug but by design.  However, I've wondered about this
myself several times, as I don't know the rationale for the decision. I
suspect that originally, its expected use was to match a manually
imported transaction with one later imported from a bank statement.

@Thomas

Is there some other reason why a user should not be able to match two
transactions that he knows to be the same?  I keep bumping into this
restriction.