[Kmymoney-devel] 4.6.9 Minor Multiple Transaction Editing Bugs

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 11:11:12 UTC 2014

See interspersed.

On 11/03/14 05:17, Michael Garrison Stuber wrote:
> I'm now running 4.6.9.  My thanks to Allan for the dependency tips. The
> new "edit multiple investment transactions" is a nice addition. Thanks all!
>
> A few things I've noticed in 4.6.9:

4.6.90-xxxxx?

> (1)  When multi-selecting transactions, if I select two transactions of
> different types, editing is not allowed (okay), BUT if I unselect the
> offending transaction, I am still not allowed to edit.  I have to
> completely unselect all transactions to be able to edit again.  I
> haven't looked at the code to see how it works.  If it's reference
> counting, perhaps it doesn't decrement?  If it's a lazy evaluation,
> perhaps floating the mouse over the edit button could force a
> reevaluation based on the current selected transactions?

That's not quite the case.  Once you've deselected the errant one(s) and
the remainder are still highlighted, hold down the shift key and click
on one of them to give focus.  If you're lucky and choose the right one,
you are now able to edit them.  If you're not, that one will get
deselected, but CTL-select will reselect it.  I think it's the last one
of the batch you selected.  Either way, you definitely don't need to
completely unselect all transactions.

> (2)  This wouldn't actually be an issue, except I can't meaningfully
> filter / search by transaction type.  (i.e., I can't select all the
> "buy" or "sell" transactions).  As a result, if I want to change all my
> purchases to come from a different account (for example an equity
> account because I'm keeping my investment purchase history, but wiping
> out my bank account history), but I have reinvested dividends tucked in,
> selecting transactions manually becomes tedious.
> (3)  When editing multiple investment transactions, the stock gets wiped
> out and needs to be reentered.

Yes, that was deliberate, but I can't now remember why I left that.  All
fields that may be edited are cleared except the account field (for some
reason).  So the stock needs to be edited to enable the Enter button.  I
think I may need to revisit this area.

> (4)  Very minor:  the about screen has a 2012 copyright instead of a 2014.

Ah, well spotted!  I suspect that more than a few individual files also
need attention.  Thanks.