[Kmymoney-devel] Equity Transaction Issue

Michael Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber at garriber.org
Sat Mar 8 23:21:00 UTC 2014

I've got about 8 years of transactions in KMyMoney, and it's gotten
painful.  Without a year-end close process, I'm taking matters into my
own hands.  I've made copies of my files, and I've decided to fork my
accounting.  I plan to have one KMM file for investments, in which I'll
keep all transactions (but there will be substantially fewer), and
another KMM file for cash, which I'll roll over annually.

So I've started trying to do this.  On my first checking account I wiped
out all the old transactions and put in a transfer from an retained
balances equity account.  This worked like a champ.  On my second
checking account I attempted to do the exact same thing, but for some
reason the transaction from the equity account shows up as a payment
instead of a deposit.  I'm completely mystified.  Is this a bug? (I'm
running 4.6.3 at the moment)  Is there something I could have done
wrong?  (I believe I did the exact same thing, but I suppose I could
have made a mistake.)  Thoughts?